With me taking a break from translation this month, I have more time whenever I could finish work early to catch up on dramas. I have been watching from C-Drama to K-Drama and now T-Drama.
Kingone Wang (王傳一) is one of my favourite Taiwanese Actor. Several years ago, I was recommended to watch Why Why Love where Kingone Wang starred alongside with Rainie Yang and Mike He. And from then onwards, I had made an effort to watch the dramas whenever Kingone Wang starred in.
Someone Like You (聽見幸福) is a story about Fang Zhang Cheng (starring Kingone Wang) whom overnight over a tragic car accident, lost everything. His fiancee Liang Luo Han (starring Lorene Ren) died from the accident and he lost his own eyesight.
Devastated over the lost of his beloved fiancee, Zhan Cheng is inconsolable and refuse corneal transplant that would restore his vision.
Zhan Cheng’s life took an unexpected turn when one day, Chen Yu Xi (starring also Lorene Ren – 任容萱) is hired to become his day nurse. Yu Xi who looks exactly like Luo Han although Zhan Cheng could not see it yet.
Although they started off on a wrong foot, Yu Xi as frustrated as she can get from time to time, also had a soft heart. So through her patience, she took great care of Zhan Cheng while slowly bring him back to the lovely Zhan Cheng whom everyone misses.
When Zhan Cheng’s family first met Yu Xi, they were shocked to see how much she look like the deceased Luo Han. However, the family slowly warmed up to Yu Xi when they see how well she took care of Zhan Cheng.
Sweet and thoughtful as ever, Yu Xi learned Tango to enable Zhan Cheng dance with his mother through his blindness. Those moments were indeed very touching.
Zhan Cheng and Yu Xi eventually started dating. And Yu Xi also became Zhan Cheng’s secretary. These are the moments that I had truly enjoyed their sweet interactions.
Zhan Cheng slowly warmed up and open his heart. When the opportunity came, Yu Xi though her own gentle way, managed to convince Zhan Cheng to do the corneal transplant.
Of course, in any taiwanese drama, there would never be a smooth romance story. Zhan Cheng and Yu Xi become friends with Xu Ya Ti (starring Nita Lei – 雷瑟琳) whom is one of the receiver of Luo Han’s organ donation. Ya Ti whom received Luo Han’s heart began to exhibit many of Luo Han’s mannerisms and personality. And she also feel in love with Zhan Cheng.
Zhan Cheng, although realized that Luo Han’s heart is in Ya Ti, however his heart never sway from his love to Yu Xi.
Yu Xi, whom had always put anyone ahead of her, eventually chooses to leave Zhan Cheng. The moment of breakup was so heart-breaking.
Zhan Cheng whom realized the reason why Yu Xi wanted to break up with him, never gave in to the request to break up. He, in his warm and gentle way, try to win Yu Xi’s heart with the help of her friends and also Ya Ti.
Just as when they got back together finally, Yu Xi met with an accident and went into coma. Heart-broken Zhan Cheng requested to marry Yu Xi although she was in coma. What I really love about these moments are when Zhan Cheng’s family step in to help to convince Mama Chen that Zhan Cheng is serious about wanting to marry Yu Xi and she is not a burden to them although she is in coma.
And so the wedding happen when Yu Xi is still in comatose stage. And Zhan Cheng brought her home to take care of her personally. Their prayers were finally answered and Yu Xi finally woke up. A sweet ending to the drama.
Someone Like You (聽見幸福) is indeed a lovely drama that I know I would re-watch again whenever I have the time to spare. Watching about 5 dramas where Kingone Wang (王傳一) had starred in before, I must say that I have not been disappointed in any yet. And his pairing with Lorene Ren (任容萱) despite their age gap is a perfect match.
Apart from the lovely OTP couple in Someone Like You (聽見幸福), I had also enjoyed the lovely interactions between the following:
- Sisterhood between Xu Ya Ti and Chen Yu Xi – although they feel in love with the same guy, there were never any moment where both wanted to fight to win his heart. And the support they extended to each other are so warm and touching
- Siblings love between Chen Yu Xi and Chen Yu An (starring Xu Hao Xuan – 徐浩軒) – both were adopted and they were aware although they never spoke about it. The support and love that they have with their adopted mother were warm and loving
- Xie Fei Fei (starring Katie Chen – 陳語安) – Fei Fei, the stepsister of Zhan Cheng whom originally loved him but soon accepted that he will always be her step brother.
- Sweet moments between Chen Yu An and Xie Fei Fei – the bubbly Fei Fei fell in love with Yu An whom initially rejected her. But later, he realized that she is a lovely girl despite being a little spoiled from time to time. Fei Fei finally won a place in Yu An’s heart
- Li Bo Yan and Vanessa – One being Yu Xi’s selfish ex-boyfriend and the other whom have always loved Zhan Cheng, found each other in their heart finally although Bo Yan started off using Vanessa for his career. Bo Yan unfortunately died trying to protect Yu Xi
- The friendship between Vanessa, Zhan Cheng and Yu Xi – despite all that happen in the past, Zhan Cheng and Yu Xi choose to let go the unhappiness and supported Vanessa when Bo Yan died.
- Friendships – William and Xiao Lin, both best friends of Zhan Cheng and Yu Xi are very supportive from the start to the end of the whole drama
Someone Like You (聽見幸福), this 2015 is definitely a recommended T-Drama. And one wants to read the recap, it is available on Someone Like You (聽見幸福) recap