All the excitement from my last post on 微微一笑很倾城, the last episode finally aired yesterday. And to my dismay, the excitement over the past 2 weeks finally is over…. oh no!!!! I am so going to miss the daily anticipation feeling to watch those episode once they were made available online.
So, what do I feel about the Love O2O aka Just One Smile is Very Alluring (微微一笑很倾城)? I love it! The chemistry between Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang are simply awesome. I like this pairing definitely more than the movie version. Maybe also because I have always associate Angelababy with her real-life husband, so, I don’t feel the chemistry in the OTP.
The drama follow closely in accordance to the original novel which is something that I truly like. And the chemistry between Xiao Nai’s buddies and the special bonds between Wei Wei and her friends are indeed fantastic.
What I like most about the whole drama?
- The ever cool Xiao Nai, although he look cool most of the time, the tenderness in his eyes when he is looking at Wei Wei….. It feels like there is only her in his eyes and when she stands in front of him, everyone else around him are just invisible
- I am never an online game person. This drama makes it very interesting to watch. And I love the look of both Xiao Nai and Wei Wei in the game.
- It is a very light and sweet campus love story. There were not many cunning plots and even the annoying girls who just bullies Wei Wei all over are not as annoying as expected. I find their tactic more childish, out of jealousy and funny.
- The chemistry between Cao Guang (Bai White) and Er Xi (Mao Xiao Tong) were lovely. I love watching the interaction between both of them. From their irritating meet up to them discovering that they actually love each other in the end were actually to some extend annoying but sweet at the same time
- The friendship between Wei Wei and Er Xi. Feels just like the friendships between me and tinkerbellsan. Sweet, supporting and loving. Even when Er Xi was upset with Wei Wei, Wei Wei just went on with her live giving Er Xi the room / space that she needs while waiting for Er Xi to reach out when she is ready. In this scenario, it feels like tinkerbellsan is Wei Wei while I am Er Xi…. hehehe….
- Overall, I find most of the cast in the drama were very talented and fitted very well into their role.
- Fantastic OST … I am playing them on repeat even before the drama were released. Listen to the Soundtrack here: 微微一笑很倾城 电视原声带 LOVE O2O Original Soundtrack
I personally love the babydoll and sweet look of Mao Xiao Tong vs Zheng Shuang in this drama. Not only she had the look, she could act well too…. Now, I will need to go and check out some of her other dramas (if there are any available).
Now that the English subtitle episode are slowly released available via Love O2O, I am definitely going to re-watch the entire drama again once all the 30 episodes with the subtitle are released.
Love O2O aka Just One Smile is Very Alluring (微微一笑很倾城) is definitely one of Gu Man‘s work that is not to be missed!